Skip To Content

Guide for Parent/Guardian Concerns

Springfield Public Schools: Parent Guide

Need to address a concern? Here’s a clear path forward:

  1. Class Concerns:

    Start with your child's teacher or counselor.

  2. Behavior Issues:

    Talk to the assistant principal. If there isn't one, see the principal.

  3. Problem Not Solved?

    If you still need help, the school principal will step in. They might talk with higher-ups and the Family & Community Engagement team.

    To reach the Family & Community Engagement team, dial: (413) 787-7100.

  4. Concerned About Bullying?

    Inform the school leaders. They will investigate.

  5. Issue with a Suspension?

    There's a process to discuss this. The top school officials will oversee.

  6. Thinking of a School Change?

    Contact the Student Assignment Service Center. They'll consider requests for:

    • Official legal reasons.
    • Special school or high school changes. Get a form from the Student Center or online. They'll place your child on a waiting list if needed.

Contact Details:

  • Family & Community Engagement:

    Phone: (413) 787-7100

  • Student Assignment Service Center:

    Phone: (413) 787-6959

    Address: 43 Homer Street, Springfield, MA (previous Homer Street School)

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.